Mocha Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Working as a teacher's aide, I don't always have a lot of time for making special treats. I found this recipe which is so simple to do. It has become a cool, refreshing indulgent pleasure.Sandy Zimmerman, Pierre, South Dakota
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a
- large bowl; whisk in milk and vanilla. Dissolve coffee granules in
- hot water. Add to chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and
- refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold 1 cup into chocolate mixture.
- Set aside remaining whipped cream and six raspberries.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each of six parfait glasses. Layer each
- with 2 tablespoons whipped cream, 1/3 cup raspberries and 1/4 cup
- mousse. Garnish with remaining cream and raspberries. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 604 calories, 45 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium,