Mocha Mousse Pie Recipe
Coffee and chocolate are perfectly paired in this lovely layered dessert from Beverly Gottfried, Candler, North Carolina. A convenient chocolate crumb crust holds the fluffy filling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream, coffee granules, sugar and vanilla on low until coffee and sugar are dissolved. Beat on high just until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- 3. Gradually fold remaining cream mixture into cooled chocolate until well blended. Pour into pie crust. Spread with reserved cream mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 4. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 474 calories, 36 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC