Mocha Mousse Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream, coffee granules, sugar and vanilla on low until coffee and sugar are dissolved. Beat on high just until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- 3. Gradually fold remaining cream mixture into cooled chocolate until well blended. Pour into pie crust. Spread with reserved cream mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 4. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 474 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Mousse Pie
"The pie is terrible if you use 2 Tablespoons! I think 2 teaspoons would be much more appropriate."
"I believe there was a typographical error in this recipe. The coffee flavor severely overpowers everything else! I think the recipe meant to call for 2 teaspoons of instant coffee-- NOT 2 Tablespoons. It's also very important to allow the pie to chill for 2+ hours, before serving."