Coffee and chocolate are perfectly paired in this lovely layered dessert from Beverly Gottfried, Candler, North Carolina. A convenient chocolate crumb crust holds the fluffy filling.
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream, coffee granules, sugar and vanilla on low until coffee and sugar are dissolved. Beat on high just until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Gradually fold remaining cream mixture into cooled chocolate until well blended. Pour into pie crust. Spread with reserved cream mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Mousse Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p57
Reviews for Mocha Mousse Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review