Mocha Meringue Cups Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup sugar
- CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Spoon meringue into eight mounds on parchment-lined baking sheets. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour.
- 3. Remove from the oven and cool on baking sheets. When completely cooled, remove meringues from the paper and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 4. For filling, in a microwave-safe-bowl, melt the chocolate chips with cream and coffee granules; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 5. Beat until stiff peaks form. Immediately spoon into a pastry bag or plastic bag with a #20 star tip. Pipe filling into meringue cups. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 423 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Meringue Cups
"Super yummy! The filling was very rich and creamy, I ended up spreading it out because piping didn't look too nice..... These were also great to make ahead, did them a few days before and they kept well in the fridge."