“Mocha is one of my favorite flavors, so when I found this recipe years ago, I knew I’d use it often, says Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado, “Because I make this dessert a lot, I keep extra marshmallows in my freezer.”
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/3 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- In a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, water and coffee granules. Cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring often. Cool completely. Fold in whipped cream.
- Set aside 2 teaspoons wafer crumbs. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of marshmallow mixture into each parfait glass; sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon wafer crumbs. Repeat layers. Top with remaining marshmallow mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Mallow Parfaits in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p63
Reviews for Mocha Mallow Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review