Mocha Macaroon Cookies Recipe
This is definitely a grown-up version of an old favorite. The combination of chocolate, coffee and cinnamon are unbelievable. For more fun, I often use chocolate-covered coffee beans on top. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- Plain or chocolate-covered coffee beans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Stir in condensed milk, melted chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until blended. Stir in coconut. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Drizzle cookies with melted baking chips. Top with coffee beans, attaching with melted chips if necessary. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC