Mocha Macaroon Cookies Recipe
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- Plain or chocolate-covered coffee beans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Stir in condensed milk, melted chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until blended. Stir in coconut. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Drizzle cookies with melted baking chips. Top with coffee beans, attaching with melted chips if necessary. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Macaroon Cookies
"I haven't made these - but not sure I'd want coffee granules in it. However, for those who say these cookies spread out - too thin . . . I believe you should drop the mixture, by teaspoonfuls on the parchment-lined tray, THEN PUT IN THE FRIDGE for 30 mins or so. Try baking them from a cooled state, in this manner & they should remain like the "rounded" shape they are supposed to be."
"I haven't made these yet, but I'm very reluctant because I've never had any luck with macaroons. They always spread out paper thin when I bake them. Anyone have any suggestions as to what's going wrong and how to fix it?"
"Why would you need to bake these, I didn't think the ingredients would warrant it which could make them spread."
"A sweet treat that's good to eat! The texture is a little different than what I'm used to, but not in a bad way at all!"
"What's missing? The cookies look more like pancakes. Won't be making these again."