This is definitely a grown-up version of an old favorite. The combination of chocolate, coffee and cinnamon are unbelievable. For more fun, I often use chocolate-covered coffee beans on top. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- Plain or chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Stir in condensed milk, melted chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until blended. Stir in coconut. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle cookies with melted baking chips. Top with coffee beans, attaching with melted chips if necessary. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Macaroon Cookies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p40
Reviews for Mocha Macaroon Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review