Mocha Logs Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and coffee granules for 1 minute. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll dough into 1/2-in.-thick logs; cut into 2-in. pieces. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Or use a cookie press fitted with a star-shaped disk to press dough into 2-in. logs 1 in. apart on baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with walnuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 12-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 33 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Logs
"Dough was so gooey and sticky couldnt be rolled. Did not form log shape but flat wafer. Taste mediocre. Took way to long to make these. Chocolate dip never dripped was too thick. Most cookiesbroke"
"At the first taste this cookie earned a permanent place on my Christmas cookie list. It is tasty, easy to put together and looks enticing on the dessert plate. I chose milk chocolate chips, ground the walnuts very fine and spread the chocolate on only one side of the cookie, and sprinkled the walnuts. I just broke off a bit of dough and rolled it between my palms, making different sizes of "logs." Using coffee granules as the recipe calls for gives tiny flecks of coffee in the cookie. Thank you, Gayle, for a superb recipe! Happy Gal 67"