Mocha Ice Cream Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Dash salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour, coffee and salt. Gradually add milk and eggs; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches 160°, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Stir in the remaining in the remaining ingredients. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 292 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Ice Cream
"I was in panic mode. This is our favorite ice cream recipe and my granddaughter wanted it for her birthday. I couldn't find the magazine I had for years with the recipe. Thanks for this sight! It is the best recipe for ice cream that I have ever found. Sometimes I eliminate the cocoa and coffee, and it is still the best recipe for vanilla ice cream!!!!"
"Excellent recipe! I added sliced almonds, toffee bits and marshmallows. Yummy!"
"Excellent! It's at the same level with the recipes at www.chocolarious.com. I'll definitely make this over and over again. I guess I just have to limit my intake."
"I have been making this recipe for several years. My family requests it every July 4th. We've added in Heath bars a few times."
"where is this"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.