Mocha Ice Cream Cake Roll Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- White and semisweet chocolate curls, optional
- 1. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture (batter will be thin).
- 3. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 4. Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5. Unroll cake; spread ice cream evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Freeze until firm. Just before serving, dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice (calculated without chocolate curls) equals 242 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.