Mocha Ice Cream Cake Roll Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- White and semisweet chocolate curls, optional
- 1. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture (batter will be thin).
- 3. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 4. Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5. Unroll cake; spread ice cream evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Freeze until firm. Just before serving, dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 242 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Mocha Ice Cream Cake Roll
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.