- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Nutella
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and Nutella until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup hazelnuts. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides with remaining frosting. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Hazelnut Torte in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Mocha Hazelnut Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2016
"Its pretty nice I would like to make that cake"