Mocha Fudge Cookies Recipe
These rich, soft cookies are convenient to make ahead, advises Berniece Wallace of Van Meter, Iowa. The dough and cookies freeze well.
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 cups of chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Combine the sugars, cocoa and coffee; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in the walnuts and remaining chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 18-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 153 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Fudge Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC