People have such fun dipping pieces of cake and fruit into this heavenly melted chocolate mixture. It's an exquisite treat to serve at wedding and baby showers or for another special gathering. I've found it to be a welcome part of any buffet.
-Gloria Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups (18 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound cake (16 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- Strawberries, kiwi or other fresh fruit
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low heat,
- stirring constantly. Dissolve coffee in water; add to chocolate
- mixture with vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Serve warm, using cake pieces and fruit for dipping. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 206 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.