At our friends’ 25th anniversary celebration, several couples had fun concocting this chocolate fondue. With fresh fruit, marshmallows, pretzels and vanilla wafers as dippers, everyone will want to dive into dessert!
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Cubed pound cake, sliced bananas and fresh strawberries and pineapple chunks
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, butter, cream, coffee
- and salt. Stir 1/2 cup into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Cook
- and stir until mixture reaches 160°. Transfer to a fondue pot
- and keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 295 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.