Mocha Dream Cake Recipe
This loverly layered cake looks like you fussed, but it's easy to make. Baking cocoa gives the angel food cake a chocolaty boost without adding a lot of fat...and the rich creamy mocha frosting is yummy! —Shirley Seltzer of Nanaimo, British Columbia
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a small bowl, stir the cocoa, boiling water and sugar until cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, cold water and cocoa mixture on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Gently spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; gently peel off parchment paper. Cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in milk; add whipped topping and pudding mixes. Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on high until smooth and soft peaks form. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- 5. Cut cake widthwise into three equal rectangles. Place one piece on a serving plate; spread with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 210 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Dream Cake
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2007
"I'm making this for the holidays"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC