Mocha Dream Cake Recipe
This loverly layered cake looks like you fussed, but it's easy to make. Baking cocoa gives the angel food cake a chocolaty boost without adding a lot of fat...and the rich creamy mocha frosting is yummy! —Shirley Seltzer of Nanaimo, British Columbia
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a small bowl, stir the cocoa, boiling water and sugar until cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, cold water and cocoa mixture on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Gently spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; gently peel off parchment paper. Cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in milk; add whipped topping and pudding mixes. Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on high until smooth and soft peaks form. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- 5. Cut cake widthwise into three equal rectangles. Place one piece on a serving plate; spread with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
One piece equals 210 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Dream Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC