Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- MOCHA FROSTING:
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the water, mayonnaise and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; add to the mayonnaise mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, coffee granules and salt in a large bowl. Stir in cream. Place mixer beaters in bowl; cover and chill for 30 minutes. Beat frosting until stiff peaks form. Frost the cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Cupcakes
Sort By :
can you use miracle whip instead of mayonnaise? i always have that on hand.
test from vsathani
Why did mine come out doughy and tasting underdone? I baked them as long as the recipe says if not longer.
Moist and delicious!!
Awesome frosting!....it really changes a "good cupcake" to an "amazing cupcake".