Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
Meet the Cook: This recipe is one that I have called on over the years for numerous occasions - birthdays, PTA meetings, for serving to company, etc. Everyone likes it. My husband and I have two grown children and three granddaughters. -Lorna Smith, New Hazelton, British Columbia
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- MOCHA FROSTING:
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the water, mayonnaise and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; add to the mayonnaise mixture and beat until well mixed.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, combine the, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, coffee granules and salt in a large bowl. Stir in cream. Place mixer beaters in bowl; cover and chill for 30 minutes. Beat frosting until stiff peaks form. Frost the cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 421 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC