Mocha Cream Truffles Recipe
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, coarsely chopped, optional
- 3-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. Place sandwich cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water. Add espresso mixture and cream cheese to cookie crumbs. Cover and process until smooth. Stir in coffee beans if desired.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 122 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Cream Truffles
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.