Java lovers just can’t get enough of these cookie truffles. Our Test Kitchen perked them up by adding espresso and chocolate-covered coffee beans.
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, coarsely chopped, optional
- 3-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Place sandwich cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water. Add espresso mixture and cream cheese to cookie crumbs. Cover and process until smooth. Stir in coffee beans if desired.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Cream Truffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p68
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mocha Cream Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review