Mocha Cream Torte Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon mocha-flavored coffee drink mix
- 1 package dark chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mocha-flavored coffee drink mix
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Grease and flour three 9-in. round baking pans. Line bottoms with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar, butter, walnuts and drink mix; press into prepared pans.
- 2. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over prepared crusts. Bake according to package directions. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Remove waxed paper.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sour cream and drink mix until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.
- 4. Place one cake layer, crunchy side up, on a serving plate. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat with remaining layers and frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Mocha Cream Torte
"This came out great! I made it for work, and it tastes amazing. I'm making another one for the holidays."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.