My guests never guess that this impressive chocolate dessert relies on a packaged cake mix. Mocha flavor and cream cheese frosting make it special.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon mocha-flavored coffee drink mix
- 1 package dark chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mocha-flavored coffee drink mix
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Grease and flour three 9-in. round baking pans. Line bottoms with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar, butter, walnuts and drink mix; press into prepared pans.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over prepared crusts. Bake according to package directions. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Remove waxed paper.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sour cream and drink mix until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.
- Place one cake layer, crunchy side up, on a serving plate. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat with remaining layers and frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Cream Torte in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p55
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mocha Cream Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review