Mocha Cream Cheese Mousse
If you and your sweetie could use some tasty TLC, put together this mouthwatering mousse. It satisfies a chocolate-coffee craving, and the cream cheese adds velvety richness.Beth Allard, Belmont, New Hampshire
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chocolate curls
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, half-and-half cream
- and coffee granules at 80% power for 45-60 seconds or until chips
- are melted; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Add cream cheese
- and vanilla to cooled chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Fold in
- whipped cream.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate
- curls. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without garnishes) equals 771 calories, 64 g fat (39 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.