Mocha Crackle Cookies Recipe
"These cake-like cookies are better than brownies," confirms field editor Louise Beatty of Amherst, New York. They have crackly tops and subtle coffee flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a microwave, heat the butter, chocolate and coffee until chocolate is melted; cool slightly. In a bowl, beat the eggs and salt; add sugar and brown sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well.
- 2. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. Roll dough into 3/4-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC