- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, heat the butter, chocolate and coffee until chocolate is melted; cool slightly. In a bowl, beat the eggs and salt; add sugar and brown sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 3/4-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Crackle Cookies
Sort By :
This recipe was good overall, only one complaint.. I mean it's good, but it didnt scream DELICIOUS! But making again :)
everyone always request these. they taste like little brownie bites. so delicous!
This quickly became our favorite cookie. The texture was a little different than expected but we loved it! Will definitely make these again. And again.
Plan to make one batch this week ~~ going to try subbing cocoa powder rather than chopped chocolate. Figured there's enough sugars between white and brown, so as not to make them bitter. One batch first to see, then if okay, will make more.
I love the flavor of these cookies, but they seem to be dry, I have tried reducing the cooking time, are these suppose to be dry. Any suggestions as to how to make them a moister cookie