- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, heat the butter, chocolate and coffee until chocolate is melted; cool slightly. In a bowl, beat the eggs and salt; add sugar and brown sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 3/4-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Crackle Cookies
Sort By :
"This is a great recipe! Have had these cookies at holiday parties and was looking to make my own so tried this recipe. Here's a hint : Hubby bought me a pro-type baking sheet and I used this to bake these. In the process I thought I would speed things up by using my department store cookie sheet too. I noticed a big difference in the way they came out. I never thought it made a difference - but it does. For those that had trouble with dryness - invest in a good cookie sheet. These were wonderful - thanks for the recipe!"
"These are fantastic! I reduce the cook time to 10 minutes so they are moist and delicious. My friends call them my yummy brownie cookies."
"This recipe was good overall, only one complaint.. I mean it's good, but it didnt scream DELICIOUS! But making again :)"
"everyone always request these. they taste like little brownie bites. so delicous!"
"This quickly became our favorite cookie. The texture was a little different than expected but we loved it! Will definitely make these again. And again."