Mocha Cookies Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved; cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with melted milk chocolate. Yield: 15 cookies.
Reviews for Mocha Cookies(12)
Sort By :
Amazing! I have to make two batches. One is not enough. I recommend using 1 packet of Starbucks Via Christmas Blend.
Very good! Made for a party and everybody loved them, even got asked for the recipe!
The best chocolate cookie ever! I didn't put icing on them to allow the bold flavors to burst through. If you are a fan of frosted brownies, then go for the icing. Have a tall glass of ice cold milk or a hot cup of coffee ready. Thanks for this outstanding recipe!
These cookies are great. I used an expresso coffee powder and doubled it. I didn't have any milk chocolate for the topping so I melted chocolate chips and spread that on top. These were a lunch time hit at work. I'll be baking these again soon.
Great cookie for the adults after dinner. Love the coffee and chocolate together. Definately will make this recipe again.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >