Mocha Cookies Recipe
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside, these mocha-flavored cookies from Pamela Jessen in Calgary, Alberta are the perfect treat for chasing away winter doldrums. Why not invite a friend over some snowy afternoon to share a plateful and a cup of coffee?
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:15 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved; cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the sugars, egg and vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with melted milk chocolate. Yield: 15 cookies.
1 cookie equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC