Mocha Cookie Pretzels Recipe
Looking for a little something special to bake up for the holidays? Try these elegant mocha-frosted cookies our Test Kitchen created. They're wonderful with coffee and make an eye-catching addition to any cookie platter.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Green colored sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough into fourths; divide each portion into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6 in. rope; twist into a pretzel shape. Place 1 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. For glaze, in a microwave, melt the semisweet chips, shortening and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to achieve a glaze consistency. Dip cookies in glaze; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set.
- 5. In a microwave, melt white chocolate over 30% power; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Decorate with green sprinkles if desired; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 81 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC