- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Green colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Divide dough into fourths; divide each portion into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6 in. rope; twist into a pretzel shape. Place 1 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt the semisweet chips, shortening and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to achieve a glaze consistency. Dip cookies in glaze; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate over 30% power; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Decorate with green sprinkles if desired; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Cookie Pretzels in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p42
Reviews for Mocha Cookie Pretzels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2013
hard to dip the chocolate and twist the pretzel. taste wasn't that great. would give them a C+. will not make again
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2010
Loved this tasty treat!
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2009
Had to leave the corn syrup out of the icing/glaze, it would become one big ball when mixed in.