Mocha Cinnamon Coffee
Field Editor Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri relates, “One snowy day, my neighbor called and invited me over to try a new drink she’d made. It was delicious! This spiced coffee is a lovely treat any time of year.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee grounds, cinnamon and nutmeg;
- pour into a coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew
- according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and brown
- sugar. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring
- occasionally. Stir in vanilla and brewed coffee.
- Ladle into mugs; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free milk, sugar-free chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend; calculated without whipped cream)equals 95 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,