Mocha Cinnamon Coffee Recipe
- 1/2 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the coffee grounds, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into a coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and brown sugar. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla and brewed coffee.
- 3. Ladle into mugs; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (prepared with fat-free milk, sugar-free chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend; calculated without whipped cream)equals 95 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.