Mocha-Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour a third of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 354 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mocha-Cinnamon Coffee Cake
"This coffeecake will impress your guests. It?s easy to make and tastes delicious. I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream and it turned out beautifully. Definitely a keeper."
"I am going to try this for my turn at our church brunch. To the lady called "lazyjcafe", try flouring the pan after greasing or spraying."
"I make this all the time when I have company. Everyone just raves on it. And it is very simple to make."
"I changed the flour to whole wheat pastry flour, trying to keep it a little healthier. Also used chopped almonds since it was the only nut I had, and I thought it would go well with the coffee and choc. chip flavors. I thought the taste was pretty good, but not my favorite. Also, I greased my non-stick pan and the cake still stuck! My daughters and I had fun making this together."