This tender coffee cake is so yummy and sweet, it doesn't need frosting.
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour a third of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Mocha-Cinnamon Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p36
Reviews for Mocha-Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review