- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour a third of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Mocha-Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Sort By :
This coffeecake will impress your guests. It?s easy to make and tastes delicious. I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream and it turned out beautifully. Definitely a keeper.
I am going to try this for my turn at our church brunch. To the lady called "lazyjcafe", try flouring the pan after greasing or spraying.
I make this all the time when I have company. Everyone just raves on it. And it is very simple to make.
I changed the flour to whole wheat pastry flour, trying to keep it a little healthier. Also used chopped almonds since it was the only nut I had, and I thought it would go well with the coffee and choc. chip flavors. I thought the taste was pretty good, but not my favorite. Also, I greased my non-stick pan and the cake still stuck! My daughters and I had fun making this together.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bundt Coffee Cake >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >