I clipped this delicious recipe years ago—I'm always trying new dishes and desserts. If you want a larger batch, this recipe doubles well.
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and water; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved coffee mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Chunk Cookies in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p27
Reviews for Mocha Chunk Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review