- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream and coffee granules. Cook and stir until granules are dissolved; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coffee mixture and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips; pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Chocolate Chip Cheesecake in 100 Best Desserts 2012 2012
Reviews for Mocha Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review