- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Dissolve coffee granules in milk: set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir milk mixture into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
Originally published as Mocha Chip Hazelnut Scones in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p36
Reviews for Mocha Chip Hazelnut Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review