- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 wafers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour and beat well. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine cream and coffee granules; let stand for 1 minute. Add to cream cheese mixture with vanilla; beat just until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forMocha Chip Cheesecake
"The texture of this cheesecake wasn't as smooth as my recipe for mini chocolate chip cheesecake--but your idea to combine mocha with mini chocolate chips is fantastic!I have a very similar recipe that uses a 12-oz pkg of mini chocolate chips. Here is my recipe for the mini chocolate chip cheesecake that makes a very smooth cheesecake, without cornstarch, flour, or cream. (Of course, the only way to add dissolved coffee to your recipe is to dissolve it in cream.) I think I'll try that to change my mini chocolate chip cheesecake into a mocha cheesecake!For those who couldn't find chocolate cookies, their brand name is Nabisco Famous wafers.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and adjust oven rack to center of oven. Tightly wrap bottom of 9" greased springform pan. Set aside another pan that is not taller than the springform pan, but large enough to hold the springform pan (this is called a bain-marie).Beat 24 oz cream cheese with 1 cup sugar; blend in 1 tablespoon vanilla. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, completely beating the egg until there's no yellow before adding next egg. Add 8 oz sour cream; beat until smooth. Fold in mini chocolate chips; pour batter into springform pan. Place springform pan inside larger pan and add 1" boiling water in larger pan.bake at 350 degrees 1 hour until edges are very pale brown and center 2" wiggles. Turn oven off. Place handle of wooden spoon between oven door and oven opening, to crack the door open; leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool completely. Chill completely (at least 6 hours) before serving."
"What an awesome cheesecake!I'm so glad I made it.If you love coffee and chocolate this is the cheesecake for you. Thanks for the recipe."
"I used 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese instead of 3 and only half the sugar in the crust, also only 3/4 cup sugar in the filling. Plenty sweet enough and very delicious, also discovered it taste better the next day!!"
"I have made this a couple of times. The first time I made it for a party. I couldn't fine wafers, so I used oreos the first time - the crust seemed a little tough, so I tried chocolate graham crackers the second time - worked much better. Everyone loved this cheesecake and wanted more!"
"This is a really good cheesecake. I couldn't find chocolate wafers so I used oreos for the crust instead. No complaints from my family. I also baked in a water bath."