Two favorite flavors—coffee and chocolate—combine in this treat from Renee Gastineau of crust Seattle, Washington. "The chocolate crumb crust and sprinkling of mini chips contrast nicely with the creamy coffee filling," she writes.
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 wafers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour and beat well. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine cream and coffee granules; let stand for 1 minute. Add to cream cheese mixture with vanilla; beat just until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Chip Cheesecake in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p60
Reviews for Mocha Chip Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review