Mocha Cherry Cookies Recipe
Flecked with cherries and glistening with sugar, these dainty cookies always go over big. They're rich and tender, much like shortbread, and have a pleasant chocolate-coffee flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch YIELD:18 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- Melted semisweet chocolate, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar and fluffy. Add vanilla. Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to creamed mixture with cocoa. Add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and walnuts. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 196 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC