- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- Melted semisweet chocolate, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar and fluffy. Add vanilla. Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to creamed mixture with cocoa. Add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and walnuts. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Cherry Cookies
"I followed the recipe exactly as written. It was way too dry in texture, not like what I thought it would be. It was also crumbly. I wouldn't make them again."
"These are so yummy!! The chocolate drizzled on top make these cookies absolutely delish!! I used vanilla sugar instead of regular sugar."
"I tried making them this morning and was abit disappointed in them. I found the first batch to be dry. I thought I could fix this by adding just a drop or two of water. It helped with the dryness. I then turned up the temperature to 350 and reduced baking time to 10 min. Well they seem to have turned out better. The only thing that puzzles me is in the picture of them they seem to have spread out some and mine did not. Did I miss something?"