- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- Melted semisweet chocolate, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar and fluffy. Add vanilla. Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to creamed mixture with cocoa. Add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and walnuts. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Cherry Cookies
Sort By :
Great quick cookie! Absolutely adorable....
This is nice recipe. I tried this last weekend.It came out really well..
I followed the recipe exactly as written. It was way too dry in texture, not like what I thought it would be. It was also crumbly. I wouldn't make them again.
These are so yummy!! The chocolate drizzled on top make these cookies absolutely delish!! I used vanilla sugar instead of regular sugar.