Mocha Cheesecake Recipe
I've relied on this dessert many times when company comes calling, and it's never let me down. It's simple to make, which is a big plus.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans and whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; sir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. In a small bowl, combine water and coffee granules; let stand for 1 minute. Add to the creamed mixture; beat just until mixed. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting. If desired, top with chocolate-covered coffee beans and whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 418 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC