Mocha Cheesecake Bars Recipe
The creamy filling in these bars will surely please! So many cheesecake recipes are hard to make, but this recipe is easy and doesn't require many ingredients. —Mary Wilhelm, Sparta, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 25 reduced-fat Oreo cookies,
- 3 tablespoons fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 24 chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- 1. Place cookies in a food processor. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add fudge topping and butter; pulse just until blended. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, for filling, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over coffee; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, chocolate and reserved coffee mixture until blended. Pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Cut into bars. Garnish with coffee beans if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece equals 166 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC