Mocha Cashew Butter
Flavored with coffee, chocolate and cashews, this easy-to-make spread is a yummy alternative to ordinary peanut butter. Make a jar for yourself and a few more for gifts. —Mary Houchin, Lebanon, Illinois
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups salted cashews
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- Additional salted cashews, optional
- Place cashews in a food processor. Cover and process until finely
- ground. Add 1/4 cup butter; process until smooth. Transfer to a
- small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips, coffee granules, water
- and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir
- into cashew mixture. Top with additional cashews if desired. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon (calculated without additional cashews) equals 114 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.