Mocha Cashew Butter Recipe
Flavored with coffee, chocolate and cashews, this easy-to-make spread is a yummy alternative to ordinary peanut butter. Make a jar for yourself and a few more for gifts. —Mary Houchin, Lebanon, Illinois
- 3 cups salted cashews
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- Additional salted cashews, optional
- 1. Place cashews in a food processor. Cover and process until finely ground. Add 1/4 cup butter; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips, coffee granules, water and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir into cashew mixture. Top with additional cashews if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
1 tablespoon (calculated without additional cashews) equals 114 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC