I have never been much of a baker, but being a wife and mom is changing that. I came across a cookie recipe that sounded promising and made some changes to it to make it my own, and the result was a cookie that everyone has asked for the recipe for.—Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario
Recommended: Diabetic Dessert Recipes for the Holidays
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate chips, butter and coffee granules until chocolate and butter are melted and coffee is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugars until light in color. Add vanilla and chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until blended. Stir in butterscotch chips (dough will be sticky).
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes until edges are set but center is still slightly soft (cookies will have a crackled appearance). Remove to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 40 cookies.
Originally published as Mocha Butterscotch Cookies in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p90
Reviews for Mocha Butterscotch Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review