- until no streaks of white remaining.
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; line with waxed paper,
- and grease and flour paper. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake at
- 350° for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched
- lightly. Cover with waxed paper and cool completely on wire rack.
- Remove paper; invert cake onto an 18-in. long piece of waxed paper
- dusted with confectioners' sugar. Trim edges from all four sides of
- For filling, combine flour and milk in a saucepan. Cook over low
- heat; stirring until thick. Cool. In a bowl, cream sugar, butter and
- vanilla. Add flour mixture; beat until fluffy. Fold in walnuts if
- desired. Spread over cake; roll up, jelly-roll style, starting from
- one short end.
- For frosting, beat butter until fluffy in a small bowl. Beat in
- sugar, cocoa and coffee. Spread over cake, using a fork to create a
- bark-like effect. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and nuts if
- desired. Yield: 14-18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 233 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.