"Yum - what moist, rich cake!" is a typical comment when folks take a bite of this lovely dessert. Bittersweet chocolate and strong coffee pair up to deliver the distinctive taste. A dusting of confectioners' sugar is all you need to top this flavorful cake. -Mark Trinklein, Racine, Wisconsin
- Baking cocoa
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- Generously grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan with shortening; dust with cocoa, tapping pan to coat evenly. Tap out excess cocoa.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Bundt Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p31
Reviews for Mocha Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review