Mocha Bundt Cake Recipe
- Baking cocoa
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- Generously grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan with shortening; dust with cocoa, tapping pan to coat evenly. Tap out excess cocoa.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Mocha Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"Due to some comments here about the amount of batter, we've reviewed and retested this recipe. We agree, there was a lot of batter, but it didn't overflow for us. However, for the best results for everyone we cut the amount of batter by one-third. We think the texture of the cake is even better now and while it was shorter, the cake looked nicer since it baked entirely in the pan without rising above.The adjusted recipe is shown here.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Awesome cake! If it looks like there is to much batter, don't fill up your pan. We all know cakes rise..."
"This cake turned out perfectly. I used all the batter. It all fit into my large stone bundt pan. I needed to bake it for the total of 65 minutes because it was such a tall cake. The flavor was fantastic."
"This is my favorite chocolate cake. It doesn't need any toppings, though I usually do the light dusting confectioners' sugar, it actually isn't necessary. It is the most moist and tasty chocolate cake I've ever had. I've made it several times over the years, but I don't think I've ever added the rum extract. I have a flexible silicone bundt pan and have not had a problem w/ overflow. I've also successfully made this cake in a 9x13 baking pan."
"This cake is awesome! It doesn't need anything on it either...that is coming from someone who loves frosting! The cake will overflow your bundt pan if you have a newer pan. My pan is older from my mother, and even at that it was very full and a really tall cake. Just put some of the cake in a smaller pan. Well worth making. Everyone I shared this cake with just raved about it and asked for the recipe."