"I get a lot of requests for these moist bars when we make box lunches for church meetings," reports Flossie Alers of Clinton, Maryland. "Chocolate chips make a sweet topping."
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat eggs, oil, coffee and vanilla. Combine flour, brown
- sugar, salt and baking soda; add to coffee mixture. Beat until
- smooth. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until the top springs back
- when lightly touched. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Cool
- before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 191 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.