Chocolate, toffee and a hint of coffee make this torte a popular request at Hillary Brunn's house. The Santa Rosa, California reader uses a few instant ingredients to give prepared angel food cake heavenly homespun flair.
Recommended: 32 Recipes For Your Baking Bucket List
- 1-1/3 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, pudding mix and coffee; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Cut cake in half horizontally; place the bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into remaining pudding mixture; spread over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Chill for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Angel Food Torte in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p49
Reviews for Mocha Angel Food Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review