When looking for nut-mix recipes, I stumbled across this one and altered it a bit. Once you start nibbling, it’s hard to stop!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- Place the sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small food processor;
- cover and pulse until finely ground; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add almonds; toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly. Spread in
- a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on
- waxed paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 338 calories, 25 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.