When looking for nut-mix recipes, I stumbled across this one and altered it a bit. Once you start nibbling, it’s hard to stop!
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- Place the sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small food processor; cover and pulse until finely ground; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add almonds; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Mocha Almonds in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p59
Reviews for Mocha Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review